Wednesday 11 July 2012

Single Girl Snippet: Sprouts on a Bus

Excerpt from a conversation between me (M) and my mother (O):

O: You're not taking them with you?!
M: I have to.
O: No, seriously.
M: There's no one else to take care of them.
O: It's just a couple days.
M: They'll die. Look at them. They need some love. I can't abandon them now.

The 'they' we were talking about were the two little pots of seeds I had been given at my sprouting class. That morning, the seeds had just begun to sprout. My teacher had stressed the importance of TLC during this window. My mom had spent the week at my apartment, and I was heading back to her house for the weekend.

O: What are you going to do with them?
M: Carry them. I don't see what the big deal is. I'm just taking some sprouts on a bus.
O: I'll get you a twin stroller.
M: Are you laughing at me? It's not funny. I don't need a twin stroller; they're not babies. However, I am going to bring my misting bottle. They're too delicate to pour water on them at this stage.Why are you still laughing? It's not that funny. Seriously, Mom, it's just sprouts.

Baby sprouts ready to board the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment