Saturday 29 September 2012

Calling In The One: Fire in the Kitchen Sink



Setting a fire in my kitchen sink was definitely the most therapeutic of all the exercise in my Calling in the One journey.
For anyone who isn't into setting fires, the option of tearing the paper, stomping on the paper, or burying the paper is available. But, for me, this was a 'go big or go home' moment. Burning the paper has a sort of finality that the tearing/stomping/burying of the paper does not offer.

So, what was on this paper, you may wonder?

Make two columns. On the left, you include I RELEASE sentences. On the right, write out a matching I EMBRACE sentence. For example, I RELEASE the hope that the past could have been otherwise. I EMBRACE a future filled with joy and love.

I had four full pages.

I cut horizontal lines so that I had a pile of paper strips, each one containing its matching I RELEASE/I EMBRACE sentences. Then I burned them all one by one. It felt good.

And, the next morning, I woke up feeling like a huge weight had been lifted from my shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment