Thursday 27 September 2012

Calling in the One: Room for Two

Corningware Mug

Above is a picture of my favourite mug. One of my many quirks is that I eat out of a mug more often than I use a plate. This mug is made by Corningwear and is more bowl-sized than mug really. My first bowl-mug was a gift from an uncle years ago. Sadly, I dropped it a while back and it broke. However, the happy ending to that story is that just recently I spotted said Corningwear mug on sale at a department store. Deciding to buy one bowl-mug was a no-brainer. The debate was whether to buy two of them. You see, I was on the "Make room for two"lesson of Calling in the One at the time. Apparently, if you want to attract a life mate, you need to make room in your living space for them and act like they are already part of your life. If I meet Mr. Right tomorrow and he starts spending a lot of time here, then - and I'm embarrassed to admit this - I don't really want to share my bowl-mug. If I get up in the morning, and I can't have my grain-free cereal in my bowl-mug because someone left it dirty in the sink, well, that would be a very sad way to start the day. On the other hand, I've been making a conscientious effort to keep clutter to a minimum in my apartment since moving in. Buying a second mug with the intention of leaving it unused in the cupboard seemed a little counterintuitive. But, in the end, I decided to bite the bullet and just do as the book instructed.

Just in case the mug wasn't enough, I also bought extra hangers. Then, I bought extra clothes and needed to use the extra hangers. So, I bought even more hangers. I only used a few of the second batch. The rest are ready and waiting for either Mr. Right, or my next shopping spree - whichever comes first. Mr. Right wasn't get very much closet space. He does, however, get a small amount of space (one sixteenth) of my Expedit bookshelf/clothes storage system. I mean, really, it's not like I'm going to keep half the closet bare and half my storage space open. (And, let's be honest, how many couples out there really have a 50/50 division of closet space anyways? That's right, not very many.)

Hopefully the mug + hangers + shelf space is enough spacial karma to attract Mr. Right. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment