Friday 7 September 2012

Not Part of My Tribe

Wikipedia photo of a Masai tribe

The following is a quote from Dr. Lissa Rankin's blog:

The way I see it, sharing my imperfections with you is kind of the perfect screening tool. In other words, I’m not trying to please everyone. I only care about pleasing my people – and if you read this post and decide you don’t like me anymore, then you’re not part of my tribe. Good for both of us to know, right?

Her words really resonated with me. I consider myself a recovering people pleaser. This isn't to say that overnight I've become horrendously selfish or anything like that. It just means that I am trying to shift my focus to following my inner compass a little more closely rather than trying to be everything to everyone all the time.

Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment