Saturday 8 September 2012

Single Girl Snippet: The Haircut

Finally, I did it. Well overdue, really. It's been almost a year. But, better late than never.
Today, I finally got the post-breakup-hairstyle change. For the first time in over twenty years, I have bangs again. That's right, all you mathematic keensters: I last had bangs during an era when applying hairspray and then backcombing to "poof" your bangs was so cool.
bangs
Way more extreme bangs than I ever had, but totally captures that 80's spirit.
 My current hairstyle involves "side bangs" and no hairspray or backcombing. This is more or less what my current hairstyle looks like:
Sideswept Bangs: 20 Photos of Gorgeous Sideswept Bangs
... Except that I'm a brunette, have hair that is a little frizzy, and am about 25 years younger than the person in the picture ("Marion Fedder" -- who is that?)
It felt like such an extreme thing to do, but most of the people I have seen since haven't noticed. Maybe I'll go for something bolder next haircut. That said, the new change in look is really helping me feel the whole 'fresh new life vibe' of this season of singleness. I should have done it sooner.


Anyone else out there opt for hairstyle changes post breakup?

No comments:

Post a Comment